"I will remember the covenant I made with you when you were a girl, and I will set up an everlasting covenant with you" Ez 16
St Maximilian Kolbe, who offered his life for another prisoner at the Nazi death camp in Auschwitz, was drawn to a military life as a boy, but soon after entering the seminary he realized that the fight God wanted him to enter was a spiritual one. Although he imagined his life as a "long war", he focused not on the failures of those to whom he was preaching, but on their strengths, and it was this strategy that fostered his work of evangelizing Western Europe and Japan.
Kolbe new the God who set up an everlasting covenant with this people and acted on that knowledge. Believing that God could not stop loving him because of God's covenantal promise, he went everywhere announcing this good news. His final act of giving his life for another at Auschwitz is proof of this.
Today, remember God's unconditional love and put aside all fear.
Do you believe God loves you unconditionally?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be discreet in your comments. I will monitor the comments, and only exclude those that are patently offensive.