Saturday, September 2, 2023

Trafficked Children

"I say to myself, I will not mention him (God), I will speak in his name no more. But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart, imprisoned in my bones; I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it." Jer 20:9

Prophets like Jeremiah remind all of us of our obligation to be prophets, to speak the truth of the Gospel despite our failures and faults. The Good News need to be proclaimed, not just in work but in our lives.

How grateful I am to know so many women and men who continue to work for and agitate for refugees, climate change and the voiceless around the world. A friar in Tanzania who I admire, every year asks our mission office for funds to continue to work with trafficked children and their families. Desperate for some relief from the staggering poverty they experience, some parents sell their daughters into sexual slavery and when those who use and abuse their children no longer find these boys ad girls desirable, they send them home broken and lost. 

Today pray for children who are trafficked.

What injustice continues to anger you as God's prophet?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be discreet in your comments. I will monitor the comments, and only exclude those that are patently offensive.